Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The scheme of things

There is something about riding in the back of a pick up truck. Your behaviour just shifts into wild-west mentality (not that I have exprienced the Wild West at any rate...but just how I'd imagine it to be short of toting a Winchester pump action). It was another one of those trips that had to be made, moving house. The stuff that I'd spend so much time packing finally arrived and was stashed away somewhere in a decrepit corner of the warehouse. Customs had, as usual, done their cursory inspection...wrecking whatever efforts I had made in all that meticulous packing and wrapping of my personal effects (and whilst I applaud their efforts in slitting open taped boxes...ripping edges of boxes wide open leaving horrendous fold marks definitely doesn't go down well with me). Anyway, somethings never change. Might as well deal with it instead of griping about it. Evening was good (typically, after work) and I managed to get some solo time down town...grabbed myself a vintage Soft Vinyl model kit from way back in 1989...

a mandatory parts check...

Robot Anatomy...

but perhaps the most remarkable was the presence of water slide decals...bootleg ones normally don't carry these...not with a B Club ID on it...


...and the brilliant finishing stroke....everything points towards that April of 89'.

No comments: