Friday, January 13, 2006

Boy


They say that which differentiates the men from the boys is the price of their toys. Well, to that end, I'm guilty as charged! It's been a while since I've gotten myself into some serious spraying action, thanks to the folks going on about how the fumes are really turning the whole place into a War Zone. A couple of years ago, I would have dismissed it. BUT, age catches on, and it DOES actually get to me as well...I turn misty eyed after a airbrushing session not because I'm so good at it, the solvent fumes just dries your eyes up so bad, launch such an assault on your respiratory tract that you REALLY need one of these Spray Booths to keep it all in, PLUS a dual canister respirator...oh the joys of plastic modelling and modern living. And so, today I finally picked up my SPRAY BOOTH. It's one relatively compact contraption designed to really bite the dust off all that paint particulates and solvents that come raining down on the work area once you start a serious session of airbrushing.
Anywayyyy, it feels like a boy once again. The excitement of waking up the next morning filled with anticipation of the new toy. It is as if seeing it in the day casts a totally different light on it, giving it a fresh novel appeal that viewing it the night before somehow missed. I'm going to sleep now so I can do just THAT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo. Check this thread out for Sanyo batts. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=165129&highlight=sanyo

Also, do you think the basic Tamiya Spray-Work airbrush set is worth getting? I just need something really basic for really occasional (and amateurish!) use lah. How much, and where? Thanks dude.

Any other cheep-cheep alternatives?